Emergent Care is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide care when your doctor’s office is closed and you need treatment for minor illnesses and injuries. Care is provided on a walk-in basis, so no appointment is necessary.
We offer a broad scope of services, with an emphasis on injuries and illness:
• Sore throats, coughs, and colds
• Rashes and burns
• Asthma attacks
• Allergic reactions
• Back pain and muscle aches
• Stomach bug, vomiting, or diarrhea
• Medical evaluations/screenings
• Cuts, scrapes, and minor wounds
• Minor eye injuries, infections, or irritation
• Urinary tract infections
• Routine gynecological problems
• Pediatric care
Other services available in Emergent Care include:
- Flu vaccinations
- Available 24/7 during flu season, typically October - April
- Cost of the vaccination is $25, cash or credit
- It does not warrant examination by a provider
- This may be submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement, dependent on insurance coverage
- Sports physicals
- Appointments need to be scheduled by calling 518-289-2024
- A parent/legal guardian must accompany the student to the appointment
- Physicals are $75.00, cash or credit
- Please note: we do not provide immunizations
- Post accident urine drug screening and breath alcohol testing
What to Bring With You
- Photo ID
- Insurance Card
- List of medications
Hours of Operation
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Who We Are
Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by emergency-trained physicians and Advanced Practice Providers from both Albany Medical Center Hospital and Saratoga Hospital. Our facility is handicapped-accessible and has plenty of parking.
- Emergent care centers are open later than a traditional physician’s office, and usually can see patients during the weekends and on holidays.
- Emergency departments often have lengthy wait times, especially if you show up with a problem that isn’t extremely serious. You can probably get in and out of an emergent care center much more quickly.
- An emergent care center visit is more cost-effective than the emergency department. What you pay depends on your insurance plan, but for the most part, the cost of an emergent care visit will be much more affordable. Consult your specific plan information or contact member services if you have questions about your out-of-pocket costs.
Examples of problems that an urgent care center can treat include:
- cough or nasal congestion (or other symptoms of the common cold)
- ear infection
- strep throat
- pink eye
- sinus infection
- urinary tract infection
- yeast infection
- painful urination
- minor burns
- sprains/broken bones
Emergent care centers can treat pediatric and geriatric patients, although frail elderly people or very young infants should go to an emergency room with any serious medical issues.
Malta Med Emergent Care will refer you to be seen by your primary care provider or a specialist, if necessary upon completion of your initial visit. This referral is located at the bottom of page 1 of your discharge paperwork. Either of these providers will provide clearance for you to return to work.
Please have your pharmacy call 518-289-2020 to discuss other options with our providers.
Please fill out this form as completely as possible and send to the attention of our Clinical Nurse Manager at Malta Med Emergent Care. You may fax this request to 518-886-5290.
Yes, you can absolutely be seen. We have a prompt pay discount for those able to pay for services on the day of care. We also have a Financial Assistance Program which you can learn more about here.
Patients are NOT called with results unless there is a critical value or the results require a change in the patient’s discharge plan. We will contact you if the results need further explanation or action.
New medications and dosing instructions are listed on your discharge paperwork. There is also the phone number to the pharmacy where it was prescribed. The pharmacy can be reached to clarify any questions you have about the medication, dosing, and interactions.
Click here to learn more.
Emergent Care Open 24x7 - No Appointment Required